Designer Bums Reusable Cloth Sanitary Pads provide the ultimate in comfort and support while offering a low-tox option for optimal feminine health. If you are looking for a sustainable choice that prevents thousands of single-use disposable menstrual pads and tampons entering landfill and waterways, then Designer Bums reusable cloth menstrual pads are the perfect choice. As a bonus, there is the benefit of cost-savings over time!
These attractive and aesthetically pleasing cloth menstrual pads are topped with layers of highly absorbent and luxurious GOTS certified organic cotton. This cotton is manufactured to OEKO-TEX Standard 100 to ensure the exclusion of harmful ingredients. Which means they are safe for your delicate skin and kind to the environment. Backed with Designer Bums signature designer printed PUL which is water-resistant, breathable and washable. Cloth pads are also light-weight and incredibly comfortable.
Designer Bums reusable cloth pads can be used for a range of purposes such as your menstrual cycle, a comfort liner, incontinence, perspiration, post-partum bleeding or maternity. Available in 4 handy sizes to cater for all needs, absorbency and sizes.
Cloth menstrual pads from Designer Bums are comfortable and reliable. They are the perfect companion for an eco-friendly period!
Cloth Menstrual Pad Benefits:
🌱 Single-use tampons and period pads end up in landfill. On average, one person in their lifetime will use approximately 12,000+
🌱 Reusable cloth menstrual pads avoid harmful chemicals found in single-use period pads and tampons. They are super comfortable and much easier to use than you think!
🌱 Single-use disposable sanitary pads are guesstimated to take 500+ years to break down because they can contain up to 90% plastic!
To fit Designer Bums cloth menstrual pads, place in underpants with printed fabric side down and black organic cotton side up. Wrap wings around underwear and snap studs closed on one of the two settings.
- Liner / Light Flow Pad – 2 x Layers of organic cotton absorbency – Length 22cm.
- Medium Flow Pad – 3 x Layers of organic cotton absorbency – Length 26cm
- Heavy Flow 4 x Layers of organic cotton absorbency – Length 30cm
- Ultra Heavy Flow / Post Partum – 5 x Layers of organic cotton absorbency – Length 35cm
WASHING & CARE INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Pre-wash before first use with like colours to avoid colour run. After use hand-rinse pads in cold to warm water under the tap until the water is clear. Gently squeeze out excess water and dry-pail at the end of each day.
2. Main Cycle Every 2-3 days maximum on Heavy / Long cottons cycle at 40-60 degrees MAX. Use the full amount of detergent for your load size. Adding a pre-wash to this cycle is recommended. Do NOT soak in napisan, bleach or detergents or user softeners as this may damage the fabrics. Do not iron.
3. Drying: Smooth from the machine and lay flat to keep shape. Line dry outdoors is recommended. Face the organic cotton side towards sunshine or indoors on drying rack. Ensure pads are completely dry before storing away to avoid mould forming. Allow 24-48 hours or longer in winter months. Minor shrinking of natural organic fibres is normal.
We recommend 3-6 cloth menstrual pads per day in a range of sizes to suit your period cycle length and flow.
*Pads are made from organic cotton layers, label may state ‘bamboo’ in error.
Please choose carefully before purchase as we STRICTLY cannot accept returns on sanitary pad items for hygiene reasons.