Disana Woollen Overpants are made of pure 100% certified organic merino wool and are naturally breathable which is great for baby’s bottom and also for preventing nappy rash. They are ideal for overnight use as they are comfortable and don’t leave red marks around the legs and waist as some other covers do.
Made of two layers of fine organic merino wool, these woollen overpants work from birth to potty for day or night use. Their high knitted waistband not only stops leaks, it keeps baby’s tummy lovely and warm, helping to soothe wind and colic.
How do they work? The woollen cover absorb excess urine, which binds with the lanolin and is neutralised, so if the cover feels damp, simply leave it to dry out in the fresh air. Thanks to the natural self-cleaning function of wool fibres, the pants are left hygienically clean.
11 great reasons to use Disana Wool Nappy Covers:
- Merino wool is breathable, keeping baby’s bum aired and non sweaty
- It helps regulate body temperature keeping baby warm when it’s cool and cool when it’s hot
- Wicks moisture away from the skin keeping baby feeling comfortable
- Wool can absorb up to 30% of its weight meaning leaks are contained
- Wool doesn’t hold odours, a simple airing is enough to make the cover smell as good as new
- Made from a sustainable natural fibre that needs little washing therefore reducing the impact on the environment
- When treated correctly, wool can be naturally antibacterial which helps prevent nappy rash
- Disana nappy covers have two layers of finely knitted merino wool which increases the surface area of the wool fibres and makes them very effective against leaks
- Organic Merino wool is hypoallergenic and suitable for sensitive skins. Organic wool doesn’t contain any chemicals used to extract the lanolin from wool which lead some people to believe they are allergic to wool.
- Disana’s wool covers are very elastic so they do not restrict baby’s movements but still contain leaks
- Lastly they come in some great colours and look absolutely adorable on!
Cleaning and lanolising:
The covers contain natural lanolin which increases their effectiveness. If all the lanolin in the woollen cover is used up (usually after a month) or if the pants have been washed, lanolin can be added back. The simplest way to do so is with the Disana organic lanolin treatment, which replenishes the lanolin content. We recommend washing your covers every two to four weeks depending on the rotation.
There is normally no need to wash after each use, just air between uses and alternate with a second cover. If the cover gets soiled then it will need a wash. They can be used effectively straight away and they will only get better with time as the fibres fluff up and felt a little with use.
100% Organic Merino Wool GOTS certified
Made in Germany by Disana
Sizing – Now in 6 sizes! However S,M,L is all we have ever needed for birth-potty.
- *New* Extra Small Newborn size 0-3m available
- Small 3-6 months 62/68
- Medium 6-12 months 74/80
- Large 12-24 months+ 86/92
- XL 2-4 years+
- XXL (4-6yrs) – (in Natural only)
*Tip: for heavy wetters or overnight use, add an additional booster pad. Try an insert out of one of your day nappies or grab a face washer and fold it in half. We recommend boosting night nappies between the nappy and the cover so that your fit isn’t compromised.